Tuesday, November 9, 2010

sigh.


I have a lot of love for the book, Jesus Calling. It has been such a gift to my days in a busy season. It feels as though each day has not only been written for me, but that it truly has been written for THAT day.

This was what I read a few days ago.


I love that phrase so much - "instead of grasping and controlling, you are learning to release and receive."

It is funny - I have been so sensitive lately to the "grasping and controlling" that I see in my children. It is like needles on a chalkboard when I see them walking through life with a posture of entitlement. It is painful for me.

I had a moment this week where I caught a glimpse of myself modeling that same posture that makes me completely crazy when I see it in my children. God gently reminding me how far I have to come. And, reminding me at the same time that I should have a lot more grace for my kids.

Ouch.

Sigh.

So, today, I am thankful for this simple little devotional book that daily gives me some really good food for thought.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails